Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Swiffer

What did we ever do before Proctor and Gamble came out with the Swiffer? The first time I saw anything like it was years ago when an old Cuban woman brought over what looked like a wooden mop: A broomstick with a wood "pad" at the bottom. I looked at it curiously and wondered how that was supposed to work on a hardwood floor, but as I was pondering, she was at the sink wetting a small white towel. She wrung it out and wrapped it around the wood pad, fastening it with a rubber band. Then she went to town on that floor, removing the towel periodically to rinse it out in the sink and then reapplied it to the wooden pad to mop another area. Well, I had never seen anything else like it until the Swiffer! I LOVE the Swiffer!

The swivel head is crazy -- it picks up everything from everywhere! I can maneuver it around furniture, under low items, and even behind the toilet!

So now I have dry Swiffers, wet Swiffers, scented Swiffers and unscented Swiffers. Easy to put on, easy to take off.

I know a woman must have invented these.

No comments: