Saturday, August 30, 2008

Steamer

Up at 4 a.m., unable to sleep, I went out into the living room to watch TV on Saturday morning. Nothing was on, so I opted to watch the infomercial for a Monster Steam Cleaner. For $66.00 and some change plus S&H, I could have this steamer that gets rid of 99% of germs and bacteria. Well, I was intrigued as I watched the paid announcer (thank goodness it was not Billy Mayes or I would have had no choice but to turn the channel at breakneck speed) and the too-happy skinny woman sidekick clean mildew, mold, toilet crud, hubcaps, patio furniture, the gas grill, etc. Now I am pretty skeptical, after all, who knows what they might have sprinkled on these items to make them appear to clean so easily. I did a search and found a blog on RipOffReport.com of a person who was yelled at and told to shut up (!) when he/she called about a fraudulent credit card charge incurred by these people. That did it for me, having been a victim of credit card fraud and also not interested in being yelled at on the phone by some otherwise unemployable nasty and most likely underpaid and frustrated customer service rep, I changed my mind. I did, however, go and get my clothing steamer from the closet and tried that on some hard-to-keep-clean areas, like around the burners of my gas Jenn-Air in the kitchen and was pretty impressed with the results. I'll be dragging this item behind me pretty much all day sanitizing the kitchen, bathrooms, patio area and whatever else catches my eye as I pass it by. Today, I got ssssssteam heat --

No comments: