Friday, August 15, 2008

Shower Crud

Ok, here's the scoopage on my shower. It's tiled, looked great when we bought the house, but I swear the first time we showered the grout started to turn sinisterly grey and grossly black. I bleached it, but it grew back (Silly me thought bleach killed mildew, when it really only BLEACHES it!). So I bought some of the smelly and highly-likely dangerously fumed chemical in a spray bottle from the grocery store. Although it cleaned the nasty growth, the stink from the spray was way in the back of my nose and throat and stayed there for about 2 hours. Can't be good, right? So -- back to the grocery store a few days later when the filth reappeared for a box of 20 Mule Team Borax, some generic white vinegar in a jug, and a skinny and stiff grout brush. I doused the grout with the vinegar and sprinkled the borax, then lightly scrubbed. Low and behold, the grey and the black uninvited guests were easily gone with nary an odor and get this -- STAYED gone for a week! I'm sold!

No comments: